Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Dream Job : MAS Cabin Crew

Everybody has their own dream job aite?So do I. Tp mase kecik2 dlu, banyak gile dream job. When people asked to wrote in their books; something like personal details, i list byk gile! Buku ni cam fancy2 gile, we have to wrote favorite food (cliche answer :masakan ibu. :p), favourite drinks etc. I believe, you all did this too aite? tipu kalau cakap xpenah uat. So, i did and i wrote on the ambition is STEWARDESS. Yes! Stewardess. Byk lagi kot I tulis. Doktor la, saintis, arkitek (well, I am a landscape architect, ade gak la tercapai cita2.hehe) tp mmg i betul2 wanted to be is STEWARDESS.

My dream Job

So, as to achieve my dream job, i da attend 4 times interviews. 3x with Malaysia Airlines and 1x with SIA. . SIA is quite strict in recruiting their Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant/Stewardess (what so-ever people call). I dunno exactly how many stages that we have to go thru (since i didn't pass at 1st stage :p). What do i know is, they will call u in a group of 10 , and asked simple question, i.e. tell me about urself, tell me ur dream destination and why (i've got this question) or maybe what's ur favourite movie. If u pass this stage (normally they will choose 2 or 1 out of 10), then u'll have to go for kebaya fitting which then they will checked the skin which not being cover by the uniform. I dunno what are the stages next. Huhu. All the best for those who wanna try 4 SIA. **They pay us quite high (approximately S$ 3500 )**. Sounds awesome aite?haha.S$ 3.5k X RM 2.4 = (tekan calculator now!)


I wanna be in this uniform please~


Ok2, stop the SIA interview thing. Here's my story on the third cabin crew interview I attended which was held on 20th March 2010.


1st Day:
I arrived at Malaysia Airlines Academy at 7.50am. There was a long ques to take the "permission to enter slip". Then I walk to the main lobby. There were many beautiful girls has waited outside since the academy is not yet open. As the guard asked us to make a line after 15 minutes of waiting, these beautiful girls were run towards the entrance (wah!ilang ayu kau nyah.haha). Tp i just walk fast (xlari oke. I maintain ayu gitu). And i've got the que number. My turn is 88. Wow! What a great number (hopefully a lucky number too) ! I've made some friends while waiting for the staff to call up my number. I waited around half an hour before they call my number (mcm dlm penjara kan?huhhu). They measure my height (at least 157cm.well, i got no prob with this, so no worry (=). Then i've to go to registration counter which they will check my result. SPM is essential. I repeat, SPM is essential. Please bring along ur original SPM cert or they will reject u on the spot. And please check ur result too la eh. If u tgk in ur cert tu, Math, English or Malay x pass, dun waste ur time. Even u merayu pon, they all will not allow u to  go to the next stage.  I think because it's open interview, so they just will booted out anyone who aren't qualify. But, if u really wanna give a try, no harm la babe. Well, if there's a will, there'll be a way. (=
After checked my results, they assisted me to the auditorium, fill up the form and few minutes after i submitted my form,they call my name with five other beautiful girls . We are going to be interviewed by 2 panels and there will be 1 observer. **Nervous** . Owh, hey,pls put ur smile all the way.
 

smile ya babe (=
 
They asked very simple question, i.e. introduce urself (and they interrupt during this) and few other question which based to what i've told them.  I passed this preliminary interview. Yeay! (alhamdulillah) and i have to go for grooming. I waited for almost 1 hour to get my teeth, my face, my leg (up to knee) and my hands (up to elbow) checked . Points was given in this stage. Oh, forgot to mention, they asked me to do some catwalk. Yes, catwalk (tp u all jgn ngade2 sgt jln tu. Relax je la and smile ). So, finished my 1st day. I was given a slip asked me to come for 2nd day interview. What a big hooray i wanna give to myself. =D

2nd Day;
My session was at 9am. I arrived at the academy at 830am. And again, i they assisted me to the auditorium  and waited for my name to be called after gave them the interview slip. There were 3 panels and 1 observer. Actually, in this stage, it's more towards interactive session. They wanted to see how u speak i think. And , thank Allah because i passed this stage too. Yippie!!! I have to come for next day interview. Phew! tired, tired...!

3rd Day:
Well, on the third day, the interview was held at MAS admin building which situated near skypark. I arrived around 830 but my session was at 930. I was soooooooooooooo nervous. The interview went well. They asked simple question and asked why we should hire u. I wasn't prepared myself very well since i was very tired after 2 days of interview. They told me that they will inform me the result of the interview in two weeks. **pray**


RESULT!!
I received the email from MAS HR a week later which was last Monday. They inform that my application was unsuccessful. =( There u go my dream... 

  whoah...i failed....

I was very frustrated but I will never give up. I will give it a try next time. Hopefully they they will open the interview very soon. ^^ .Whoever in the same boat as mine, wish u all the best for next try. To my friends,ain, crystal and wenny, all the best in ur training oke. (=

Thanks soooooooooooooo much to my Syafeeq because he's so patiently wait 4 me outside the Malaysia Airlines Academy. Thanks my dear...(=

 Thanks 4 being there sayang~

5 comments:

Syazrin Zulfakar said...

I planning to go to the interview which going to be held in Penang this 21st May. since I've never been to any interview it was really helpful of you to post this kind of story so i can imagine whats going to happen. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

.indah. said...

Hallo! Thanks for reading my post. Anyway, all the best to you! I wish i could go but, i stucked here for another 17 months! *cry*

edpochzzaer said...

hye..agak2nye kan..knpe ea xdpt hr tu?n knpe interview ni smpi berhari2?mmg ke? sowi ckp malay..sy nk tau gak ckit2 coz sy nk pg interviw MAS ni kat KCH 7hb May t.. (",) tqv.

edpochzzaer said...

lg stu..sy terbaca post psl SIA..bkn awk dh dpt ke SIA??

.indah. said...

Kenape xdpat?haha.tu macam susah nak jawab la.it's subjektif.but 4me,i think my rezeki is not there. The final interview tu,kene impress panel kaw2 punya.take them as passanger.how u impress ur passenger with ur service.

Yup,i'm in SIA now.kenapa eh?